The success of your organization and your success as a manager depends upon having a workforce that is committed to your organization and a management staff that knows how to supervise people. Only then can you meet organizational goals. This self-assessment will provide you a quick evaluation of your organization and workforce and will highlight your areas of strengths and weaknesses.
- Are you always able to recruit good people?
- Are you retaining your best employees?
- Do your injured employees return to work quickly from work related injuries?
- Are able to retain your best customers?
- Each year, are regularly getting new customers?
- Are your customers regularly providing good feedback on your services or products?
- Do your employees know what is expected of them?
- Do you have confidence that your supervisors are managing effectively?
- Do your employees feel a connection to the goals of the organization?
- Do your supervisors regularly recognize & praise their employees when they do good work?
- Do your employees know they have job security if they are performing?
- Is your company hitting its financial goals? Sales goals?
- Are you confident that your employees are doing the right things when dealing with customers?
- Do you trust your employees and do they trust you?
- Are things better this year than last year?
If you answered at least 14 questions affirmatively, you’re in great shape. 12 or 13 and things are generally OK. Put together a plan to address problem areas before you begin to lose employees and customers. You can’t afford to slip here. If you answered 10-11 affirmatively, then you’ve got a lot of work to do. Get going. Without a rapid turnaround, you face serious problems. And if you answered 9 or less affirmatively, get help fast. You’ve got problems with your employees and customers that are costing you a bundle. A rapid turnaround is necessary before you lose control or worse.